Latest press releases
- AstraZeneca and MRC enter strategic collaboration to create new centre for early drug discovery in Cambridge, UK
- 31 March 2014
- AstraZeneca completes purchase of Sumitomo Chemical’s stake in AstraZeneca K.K. (Japan)
- 26 March 2014
- Forxiga® receives regulatory approval in Japan for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
- 24 March 2014
- AstraZeneca proposes appointment of Ann Cairns as Non-Executive Director
- 20 March 2014
- AstraZeneca announces sale of Alderley Park site in Cheshire, UK
- 11 March 2014
- US FDA approves Bydureon® Pen (exenatide extended-release for injectable suspension) for once-weekly treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes
- 3 March 2014
- US FDA approves orphan drug MYALEPT™ (metreleptin for injection)
- 25 February 2014
- AstraZeneca PLC fourth quarter and full year results 2013
- 6 February 2014
- AstraZeneca completes the acquisition of Bristol-Myers Squibb share of global diabetes alliance
- 3 February 2014
AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialisation of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives.
Our primary focus is on three important areas of healthcare: Cardiovascular and Metabolic disease (CVMD); Oncology; and Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA). We are also active in the Infection, Neuroscience and Gastrointestinal (ING) disease areas.
Annual Report 2013
Our Annual Report provides a wide range of information about our global business and how we are working, both within the company and in partnership with others, to push the boundaries of science and deliver medicines that transform the lives of people around the world.