- Monday, 31 March 2014
- AstraZeneca and MRC enter strategic collaboration to create new centre for early drug discovery in Cambridge, UK AstraZeneca and the Medical Research Council (MRC) today announced that they have entered into a groundbreaking collaboration aimed at better understanding the mechanisms of human disease. The collaboration will see the creation of a joint research facility at AstraZeneca’s new R&D centre in Cambridge in the UK.
- Wednesday, 26 March 2014
- AstraZeneca completes purchase of Sumitomo Chemical’s stake in AstraZeneca K.K. (Japan) AstraZeneca today announced it has completed the purchase of Sumitomo Chemical’s remaining shares in AstraZeneca K.K.
- Monday, 24 March 2014
- Forxiga® receives regulatory approval in Japan for the treatment of type 2 diabetes AstraZeneca today announced that the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) approved FORXIGA® (dapagliflozin in 5 and 10 mg tablets), a sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitor, as a once-daily oral treatment for type 2 diabetes. The FORXIGA application was submitted to the MHLW by Bristol-Myers Squibb K.K.. AstraZeneca and Ono Pharmaceutical entered into an agreement to co-promote FORXIGA on 3 December 2013.
- Thursday, 20 March 2014
- AstraZeneca proposes appointment of Ann Cairns as Non-Executive Director AstraZeneca today announced that Ann Cairns will be proposed to shareholders for election as a Non-Executive Director at the Company’s Annual General Meeting on 24 April 2014. On election, the Board proposes appointing Ann to AstraZeneca’s Audit Committee.
- Tuesday, 11 March 2014
- AstraZeneca announces sale of Alderley Park site in Cheshire, UK AstraZeneca today announced the sale of its Alderley Park site in Cheshire, UK, to Manchester Science Parks (MSP), a Greater Manchester based public-private partnership and science park operator.
- Monday, 3 March 2014
- US FDA approves Bydureon® Pen (exenatide extended-release for injectable suspension) for once-weekly treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes AstraZeneca today announced that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the BYDUREON® Pen
- Tuesday, 25 February 2014
- US FDA approves orphan drug MYALEPT™ (metreleptin for injection) AstraZeneca today announced the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved orphan drug MYALEPT™ (metreleptin for injection), which is indicated as an adjunct to diet as replacement therapy for the treatment of complications of leptin deficiency in patients with congenital or acquired generalised lipodystrophy. MYALEPT, a recombinant analogue (laboratory-created form) of human leptin, is the first and only treatment approved by the FDA for these patients.
- Thursday, 6 February 2014
- AstraZeneca PLC fourth quarter and full year results 2013 Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, commenting on the results, said: "As expected, our financial performance for 2013 reflects the ongoing impact from the loss of exclusivity for several key brands. In the near term these headwinds will remain challenging, however I am confident that we can return to growth faster than anticipated and expect our 2017 revenues will be broadly in line with 2013. I’m pleased with the momentum we have built in 2013 against our strategic priorities, in particular our objective of achieving scientific leadership. We continue to focus our organisation on the areas that will drive growth, redeploying our resources to fund the promising late-stage pipeline, which nearly doubled in size over the last 12 months. The acquisition of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s share of our diabetes alliance strengthens our position in this important area and I am delighted that the business integration is progressing with such pace. We extend a warm welcome to our new colleagues who will help us maximise the potential of our diabetes portfolio.”
- Monday, 3 February 2014
- AstraZeneca completes the acquisition of Bristol-Myers Squibb share of global diabetes alliance AstraZeneca today announced that it has completed, on 1 February 2014, its acquisition of the entirety of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s interests in the companies’ diabetes alliance.
- Wednesday, 22 January 2014
- XIGDUO™ (dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride) approved in the European Union for type 2 diabetes AstraZeneca and Bristol-Myers Squibb today announced that Xigduo™ (dapagliflozin and metformin hydrochloride in 5mg/850mg and 5mg/1000mg tablets) has been granted Marketing Authorisation by the European Commission for the treatment of type 2 diabetes in the European Union (EU).
- 14 Apr
Inspiration: Dr Roger Kornberg, awarded 2006 Nobel Prize in Chemistry, has been speaking to AZ scientists today in Mölndal #npii8 Apr
This week we’re excited to welcome Dr Roger Kornberg to our site in Mölndal as part of the Nobel Prize Inspiration Initiative #npii8 Apr