Keep up to date with our latest partnering deals and highlights
Below is a selection of news releases describing recent deals completed by AstraZeneca and our biologics arm, MedImmune.
- Wednesday, 8 January 2014
- MedImmune and Immunocore enter immunotherapy agreement to develop novel cancer therapies AstraZeneca today announced that MedImmune, its global biologics research and development arm, has entered into an oncology research collaboration and licensing agreement with Immunocore Limited, a privately-held, UK-based biotechnology company. Both companies will research and develop novel cancer therapies using Immunocore’s Immune Mobilising Monoclonal T-Cell Receptor Against Cancer (ImmTAC) technology.
- Thursday, 26 December 2013
- AstraZeneca and Shionogi settle arbitration and extend licence agreement for CRESTOR® AstraZeneca and Shionogi & Co. Ltd. today announced the full resolution of arbitration proceedings related to the treatment of certain excise taxes and other specific items in the calculation of royalties on CRESTOR® sales. In addition, AstraZeneca and Shionogi & Co. Ltd. announced the extension of the global licence agreement for CRESTOR® and the modification of the royalty structure, effective 1 January 2014.
- Thursday, 19 December 2013
- AstraZeneca to acquire Bristol-Myers Squibb share of global diabetes alliance assets AstraZeneca today announced an agreement under which AstraZeneca will acquire the entirety of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s interests in the companies’ diabetes alliance for an initial consideration of $2.7 billion on completion and up to $1.4 billion in regulatory, launch and sales-related payments. AstraZeneca has also agreed to pay various sales-related royalty payments up until 2025. In addition, AstraZeneca may make payments up to $225 million when certain assets are subsequently transferred.