Keep up to date with our latest partnering deals and highlights
Below is a selection of news releases describing recent deals completed by AstraZeneca and our biologics arm, MedImmune.
- Thursday, 26 December 2013
- AstraZeneca and Shionogi settle arbitration and extend licence agreement for CRESTOR® AstraZeneca and Shionogi & Co. Ltd. today announced the full resolution of arbitration proceedings related to the treatment of certain excise taxes and other specific items in the calculation of royalties on CRESTOR® sales. In addition, AstraZeneca and Shionogi & Co. Ltd. announced the extension of the global licence agreement for CRESTOR® and the modification of the royalty structure, effective 1 January 2014.
- Thursday, 19 December 2013
- AstraZeneca to acquire Bristol-Myers Squibb share of global diabetes alliance assets AstraZeneca today announced an agreement under which AstraZeneca will acquire the entirety of Bristol-Myers Squibb’s interests in the companies’ diabetes alliance for an initial consideration of $2.7 billion on completion and up to $1.4 billion in regulatory, launch and sales-related payments. AstraZeneca has also agreed to pay various sales-related royalty payments up until 2025. In addition, AstraZeneca may make payments up to $225 million when certain assets are subsequently transferred.
- Friday, 22 November 2013
- AstraZeneca wins two Scrip Awards Best Partnership Alliance for the fourth year in a row, and Best Licensing Deal of the Year at the 9th Annual Scrip Awards 2013