Improving health is one of the toughest challenges facing the world today. As a global biopharmaceutical company, AstraZeneca has a key contribution to make through the discovery, development and commercialisation of innovative medicines for important areas of healthcare, including cardiovascular/metabolic disease, cancer and respiratory, inflammatory and autoimmune disease.
AstraZeneca India was established in 1979 and is headquartered at Bengaluru, Karnataka. It is present in seven crucial areas of healthcare - Cardiovascular, Diabetes, Oncology, Respiratory & Inflammation, Infection, Local Anesthesia and Maternal Healthcare.
AstraZeneca has been regularly launching products from its global portfolio in India over the past years, leading to the development of several domestic power brands including Crestor, Seloken XL, Meronem, Arimidex, Zoladex, Nexium and most recently Brilinta.”
AstraZeneca has a workforce of over 1200 employees across the country that is committed to deliver great medicines to patients through innovative science and global excellence in development and commercialization.
AstraZeneca Pharma India Limited (AZPIL) has interests in seven crucial areas of healthcare:
• Brilinta® (Ticagrelor Tablets 90mg)
• Betaloc® (Metoprolol Tartrate Tablets IP 25mg, 50mg & 100mg)
• Seloken XL® (Metoprolol Succinate Extended Release Tablets USP 25mg, 50mg & 100mg)
• Imdur® (Prolonged Release Isosorbide-5-Mononitrate Tablets BP 30mg & 60mg)
• Crestor® (Rosuvastatin Tablets IP 5mg, 10mg, 20mg & 40mg)
• Seloram™ (Metoprolol Succinate Extended Release & Ramipril Tablets 25/2.5mg, 25/5mg & 50/5mg)
• Vigocil® (Voglibose Orally Disintegrating Tablets 0.2mg & 0.3mg)
• Vigocil M® (Voglibose and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets 0.2/500mg & 0.3/500mg)
• Nitract SR™ (Nitroglycerin Sustained Release Capsules 2.5mg & 6.5mg)
• Valfect™ (Valsartan Tablets 40mg, 80mg & 160mg)
• Olways™ (Olmesartan Medoxomil Tablets 20mg & 40mg)
• Olways H™ (Olmesartan Medoxomil and Hydrochlorothiazide Tablets 20/12.5mg & 40/12.5mg)
• Olways AM™ (Olmesartan Medoxomil and Amlodipine Besilate Tablets 20/5mg)
• Onglyza® (Saxagliptin Tablets 2.5mg)
• Kombiglyze XR™ (Saxagliptin & Metformin HCl Extended Release Tablets 2.5/1000mg & 5/500mg)
• Byetta™ (Exenatide Injection 250 mcg/mL, 1.2mL & 2.4mL prefilled pen]
• Mit’s Linctus Codeinae Co® (Codeine Phosphate and Chlorpheniramine Maleate Syrup)
• Mit’s Linctus DX™ (Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride and Chlorpheniramine Maleate Syrup)
• Bricarex® (Terbutaline Sulphate and Guaiphenesin Syrup)
• Bricarex A® (Ambroxol, Terbutaline Sulphate and Guaiphenesin Expectorant)
• Bricacef™ (Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Potassium Clavulanate Tablets 200/125mg)
• Bricacef DT™ (Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Potassium Dispersible Tablets 100/62.5mg)
• Bricacef PED® (Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Clavulanate Potassium for Oral Suspension 50/31.25mg)
• Bricanyl Syrup® (Terbutaline Sulphate Syrup)
• Symbicort® (Budesonide/Formoterol Inhalation Powder 160/4.5mcg/dose)
• Prostodin® (Carboprost Tromethamine Injection IP 125mcg & 250mcg)
• Cerviprime® (Dinoprostone Gel)
• Partocin™ (Oxytocin Injection 5IU)
• Arimidex® (Anastrozole Tablets IP 1mg)
• Nolvadex™ (Tamoxifen Tablets IP 10mg)
• Iressa® (Gefitinib Tablets IP 250mg)
• Zoladex® (Goserelin Acetate Injection 3.6mg & Goserelin Acetate Depot Injection 10.8mg)
• Casodex® (Bicalutamide Tablets USP 50mg)
• Faslodex™ (Fulvestrant Injection 250mg)
• Meronem® (Meropenem Injection IP 500mg & 1g)
• Vancocin CP® (Vancomycin Hydrochloride for Intravenous Infusion IP 500mg)
• Enclere® (Cefoperazone and Sulbactam for Injection 500/500mg & 1000/1000mg)
• Enclere Forte® (Cefoperazone and Sulbactam for Injection 1000/500mg & 2000/1000mg)
• Remergin™ (Colistimethate Sodium for Injection BP 1MIU)]
• Xylocaine® (Lignocaine Hydrochloride Injection IP 2%)
• Xylocaine Viscous® (Lidocaine Hydrochloride Oral Topical Solution USP)
• Sensorcaine® (Bupivacaine Injection IP 0.25% & 0.5%)
• Sensorcaine Heavy® (Bupivacaine Hydrochloride in Dextrose Injection USP)
• Diprivan® (Propofol 1%W/V Injection)
• Naropin® (Ropivacaine Hydrochloride Injection USP 0.2% & 0.75%)
• Neksium Tablets™ (Esomeprazole Tablets 20mg & 40mg)
• Neksium Injection® (Esomeprazole Sodium Powder for Solution for Injection 40mg)
*In alliance with Bristol Myers Squibb
Adverse event reporting
All pharmacologically effective drugs have benefits and risks. The risk may be insignificant or may be acceptable in relation to the drug's therapeutic action. Continuous monitoring of the safety of a drug throughout the duration of its use helps to ensure that its risks and benefits remain acceptable. AstraZeneca is committed to protecting the safety of patients who receive our products.
"Report any suspected Adverse Events to AstraZeneca medications through the established procedures."
Why report Adverse Event?
- Adverse Event reporting helps AstraZeneca to identify rare and very rare adverse effects
- Reporting leads to regular review of safety database for new risks or signals.
- Adverse Event reports help to provide current and accurate updates on safety profiles of the drugs
- Adverse Event reports help to identify different profiles of known adverse reactions with regards to severity, nature or outcome
What is an adverse event?
An Adverse Event is the development of an undesirable medical condition or the deterioration of a pre-existing medical condition following or during exposure to a pharmaceutical product, whether or not considered causally related to the product.
You may be more familiar with the tern “side effect”
What does this include?
Adverse Event includes undesirable medical condition that can be symptoms (for example nausea, chest pain), signs (for example tachycardia, enlarged liver) or the abnormal results of an investigation (for example laboratory findings, electrocardiogram). Adverse Events are not necessarily caused by the medication – the event just needs to have occurred after taking a medicine and AstraZeneca also collects the reports of :
- Drug exposure during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Lack of drug effect
- Drug overdose or medication error
- Drug abuse or misuse
- Transmission of infectious agents via an AstraZeneca product
- Drug Interactions
What to report?
1. Patient identifier
• Who experienced the Adverse Event?
• Patient and reporter identifier is important to avoid case duplication and facilitate follow up of appropriate cases
• The term identifiable in this context refers to the verification of the existence of a patient (e.g. you might provide: sex, age etc)
2. Event description
• What was the Adverse Event?
• Describe the nature of the adverse event, any signs and symptoms and outcome of the event
• Who is reporting the Event?
• Give your name, address and phone number as you may need to be contacted for further information
• If you are reporting on behalf of a healthcare professional (e.g. if you are a sales representative), be prepared to also give their details.
• What AstraZeneca product was taken by the patient?
• Provide the name of the AstraZeneca product taken by the patient
If you do not have all the details listed above, please still report the Adverse Event. In addition, you can report any other details you have about the Adverse Event.
Report the Adverse Event even if you don’t think it is serious, relevant or caused by AstraZeneca product.
How to report?
You can report the Adverse Event by using the Adverse Event Report Form. (Insert docs)
Contact AstraZeneca Patient Safety at
Tel: +91-80-67748000 (Ext. 8458)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
1. CSR Policy
Please click here to read more about the CSR Policy (PDF 87kb)
2. Young Health Programme
Young Health Programme is AstraZeneca’s global community investment programme and is designed to help young people in need around the world deal with the health issues they face and improve their chances for a better life in the future.
In India, YHP was started in November 2010. The programme is initiated in five resettlement colonies around New Delhi. The focus area of the programme includes addressing health issues related to Sexual and Reproductive Health, TB, Dengue, Malaria, Substance Abuse and Life Style diseases.
YHP India has directly been able to reach out to 89,493 young people (40,271 boys and 49,222 girls), and has influenced 84,387 wider community members, including health professionals, educators and policy makers. The YHP trained an additional 818 adolescents as Peer Educators during the second year of operations. The establishment of 15 Health Information Centres (HICs) which act as a forum for the youth. The second vital approach is the training and support of 1,581 Peer Educators (of which 814 are girls, who are actively responsible for delivering health messages to other youngsters in school and communities. YHP India continues to enhance knowledge on health issues and ways to cope with it for adolescents and hopes to reach a larger audience as the year’s progress.
Please click here to read more about the Young Health Programme
1. Board of Directors
2. Code of Conduct
3. Financial Information
4. Limited Review Reports
5. Annual Reports
6. Corporate Governance
7. Shareholding Pattern
8. Unclaimed Dividend/Debenture
9. Presentation & Webcasts
10. Postal Ballot
11. Investor's Queries
Registrar & Share Transfer Agent
Integrated Enterprises India Limited,
30, Ramana Residency, 4th Cross,
Sampige Road, Malleshwaram,
Bangalore – 560 003
Tel: (080) 23460815-8
Fax: (080) 23460819
Company: AstraZeneca Pharma India Limited
Corporate & Registered Office
Compliance Officer : Anantha Murthy, Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
Block N1, 12th Floor, Manyata Embassy Business Park,
Rachenahalli, Outer Ring Road, Bangalore – 560045
Investor Grievance Email Id : email@example.com
Tel: (080) 67748000
12. AGM Outcome
14. Terms and Conditions of Appointment of Independent Director
15. Familiarisation Programme for Independent Directors
16. AGM Notice
17. Proxy and Attendance Slip
18. Disclosures made to Stock Exchanges
19. Contact information of Key Managerial Personnel
20. Notice of Board Meeting- Financial results
Interested in joining us?
Driven by AstraZeneca values, we at AZ are resilient and relentless in pursuit of scientific excellence. AZ has a high reputation amongst health care professionals and patients for our quality products.
As employees of AstraZeneca India, we leverage our science and innovation to create value for the patient. Our team of talented professionals adhere to the greatest standards of ethics to serve patients. With over 1200 employees in India, we are always on the lookout for superlative talent to develop and hone responsible professionals and teams.
If you are keen to explore career opportunities with AstraZeneca India, please share your resume with a cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate & Registered Office
Block N1, 12th Floor
Manyata Embassy Business Park, Rachenahalli, Outer Ring Road