Welcome to AstraZeneca Malaysia
Improving health is one of the toughest challenges facing the world today. As a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company, AstraZeneca has a key contribution to make through the discovery, development, manufacturing and commercialisation of medicines for six important areas of healthcare: cancer, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, neuroscience and respiratory and inflammation.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection and neuroscience diseases.
It is one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies with healthcare sales of $27.97 billion. AstraZeneca is listed in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (Global) as well as the FTSE4Good Index.
In Malaysia, we are currently one of the top pharmaceutical companies and we are committed to continued innovation, close customer relationships, people development and an ethical responsible approach to business, with an aim to make a difference to the lives of patients and the healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca Sdn Bhd (69730-X)
Nucleus Tower, Level 12,
No. 10, Jalan PJU 7/6,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Our global focus areas
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is the leading cause of death worldwide, accounting for 17.9 million deaths in 2016, according to the World Health Organization1. Of these deaths, 85% are due to heart attack and stroke1. Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common type of CVD, which includes ACS2. CHD affects 126 million individuals, which caused 9 million deaths worldwide every year2.
1. Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs). Who.int. (2021). Retrieved 2 March 2021, from https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/cardiovascular-diseases-(cvds).
2. Khan, M. A et al. (2020). Global Epidemiology of Ischemic Heart Disease: Results from the Global Burden of Disease Study. Cureus, 12(7), e9349. https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.9349
Diabetes & Metabolic
463 million people worldwide have diabetes1. In Malaysia, diabetes affects 1 in 5 adults, accounting for about 3.9 million Malaysians. Almost half of the affected Malaysian adults don’t know they have diabetes.2
Diabetes & Metabolic range:
- Xigduo XR
1. Saeedi, P. et al. (2019). Global and regional diabetes prevalence estimates for 2019 and projections for 2030 and 2045: Results from the International Diabetes Federation Diabetes Atlas, 9th edition. Diabetes Research And Clinical Practice, 157, 107843. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diabres.2019.1078432. National Institutes of Health, Ministry of Health Malaysia (2019), Key Findings, National Health and Morbidity Survey 2019,
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a chronic, relapsing acid-peptic disorder characterized by recurrent troublesome reflux symptoms1. The prevalence of GERD in Asia as reported from symptom-based studies ranges from <1.6% to 20%2.
1. Vakil N et al. The Montreal definition and classification of gastroesophageal reflux disease: a global evidence-based consensus. Am. J. Gastroenterol 2006; 101:1900-20.
2. Goh KL. Gastroesophageal reflux disease in Asia: A historical perspective and present challenges. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2011; 26(Suppl. 1):2-10.
More than 339 million people globally are living with asthma. It is the most common chronic disease among children1. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is the fourth leading cause of death in the world2.
1. World Health Organization. Chronic respiratory diseases: asthma. Available at http://www.who.int/respiratory/asthma/en. Accessed on 15 May 2020.
2. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease 2020 report. https://goldcopd.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/GOLD-2020-FINAL-ver1.2-03Dec19_WMV.pdf
Osteoarthritis (OA) refers to a clinical syndrome of joint pain accompanied by varying degrees of functional limitation and reduced quality of life. It is the most common form of arthritis and one of the leading causes of pain and disability worldwide. Knees, hips and small hand joints are most commonly affected1.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an inflammatory disease. It typically affects the small joints of the hands and the feet, and usually both sides equally and symmetrically, although any joint can be affected. It is a systemic disease and so can affect the whole body, including the heart, lungs and eyes2.
1. The care and management of osteoarthritis in adults. NICE Clinical Guideline 59. Issued: February 2008.
2. The management of rheumatoid arthritis in adults. NICE Clinical Guideline 79. Issued: February 2009, modified August 2013.
Lung cancer is one of the main causes of cancer death in Malaysia1,2. Most lung cancer cases are detected late where 40 per cent of cases are detected at stage four, when the cancer has spread beyond the affected lung to other lung or to distant areas of the body3. The most common type of lung cancer is non-small lung cancer (NSCLC) which accounts for around 84 per cent of all lung cancer cases4. NSCLC is caused by tumours which are either epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) ‘mutation-positive’ or ‘mutation-negative’.
1. Rajadurai P et al. Lung Cancer in Malaysia. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2020;15(3): 317-323. Available from: https://www.jto.org/article/S1556-0864(19)33639-1/pdf
2. World Health Organization (WHO). Malaysia [Internet]. World Health Organization (WHO); 2019 p. 1-16. Available from: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/wpro---documents/countries/malaysia/fact-sheet-malaysia/who-my-factsheet-fa-09042020.pdf?sfvrsn=db2f8b32_2
3. WebMD. Lung Cancer Survival Rates & Stages [Internet]. WebMD. 2019 [cited 2 March 2021]. Available from: https://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/guide/lung-cancer-survival-rates
4. Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell - Statistics [Internet]. Cancer.Net. 2020 [cited 2 March 2021]. Available from: https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/lung-cancer-non-small-cell/statistics
Central Nervous System
It is estimated that around 450 million people worldwide have a mental health problem. In 2000, it was reported that 10.7 per cent of the Malaysian population had been diagnosed with mental illness (Jamiyah, 2000) These numbers are quite high and only based on hospital figures.
Central Nervous System range:
“The information provided are corporate information on AstraZeneca Sdn Bhd. If you wish to have further information, please contact us at http://contactazmedical.astrazeneca.com or discuss with your family doctors.”
Be a part of our growth journey and success story
Join the fastest growing pharmaceutical in our markets, set up to fuel further growth. Be part of our shared ambition and pride: our strong heritage, our turnaround story, and early investment and commitment in International markets. There’s no better place to feel inspired and energised.
AstraZeneca is a global, science-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
In Malaysia, AstraZeneca has been certified a Top Employer for three consecutive years. In addition to the country-level recognition, AstraZeneca Malaysia along with Thailand, Korea, Taiwan and China have been collectively awarded the ‘Top Employers Asia Pacific 201’ seal. A certified Top Employer has in place HR policies and practices that are consistent with best practices across globally that have been validated by the Top Employer Institute.
AstraZeneca is the place to make an impact. Here we ensure everyone can reach their full potential, perform at their best and make a valued contribution to the enterprise. Proud of what we’ve achieved, we keep moving forward to become a digital and data-led enterprise. With our ground-breaking pipeline comes a bright future – a secure job, exciting opportunities and varied work. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare. We are also committed to living our values – they guide our behaviours, actions and decisions, everyday. It drives us to work together as one global team to achieve our goals.
Most importantly, we do meaningful work that changes lives. It’s our purpose that drives us, everyday.
We have opportunities within commercial and enabling function such as Finance. If you are interested to build a career with us and make an impact, explore our career opportunities at our career page.
Privacy at AstraZeneca
DISCLAIMER Data Privacy Notice. In line with the introduction of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 in Malaysia, kindly take some time to read this Privacy Notice. AstraZeneca Sdn. Bhd. of Nucleus Tower, Level 12, No.10, Jalan PJU 7/6, Mutiara Damansara, 47800, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia and its group of companies / related corporations (as the term is defined in the Companies Act 2016) ("AstraZeneca", "We", "Us", "Our") will collect the personal data that you provide to Us, including information such as your name, organisation, address phone number, and any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your relationship with us ("Personal Data").
By providing us with your Personal Data, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data in the manner described herein. Your Personal Data has and / or will be obtained from the following sources, or other sources which we may see fit from time to time, where applicable:
• information provided or submitted by you directly to us via any prescribed forms, or via your dealings with us;
• information obtained during your participation in any of our events, programs, clinical trials; and
• information collected by us directly from you or via our third party service providers on our behalf. If you do not provide the Personal Data requested of you to Us or if you withdraw your consent to Us processing your Personal Data, we may be unable to contact you, provide you with our products / services and/or perform the Purposes (as hereinafter defined) listed below.
AstraZeneca may collect your Personal Data for any of the following purposes ("Purposes"):
• For a purpose as indicated to you at the time your Personal Data was collected; Managing AstraZeneca's relationship with you;
• General sales and marketing purposes, including to contact you to provide information about, and to discuss, AstraZeneca products;
• Administration, statistical analysis, profiling your preferences;
• AstraZeneca's own internal evaluation purposes; ·
• To invite you to attend educational events and conferences, including any associated logistics.
• To provide health products or services, including advice, that have been requested;
• To provide educational materials;
• To manage patient support programs and patient supply programs that are administered via third parties or AstraZeneca;
• To assist in providing you with medical information relevant to AstraZeneca products;
• To conduct market research;
• To identify investigators for clinical trials;
• To establish and conduct clinical trials, including clinical trials run by a related body corporate of AstraZeneca;
• To invite you to provide services to AstraZeneca, including speaking engagements, participation on advisory boards/steering committees, or to provide general opinions on medical and/or patient related issues, and the development of materials;
• To process, monitor and screen any fees payable, or expenses reimbursable, by AstraZeneca to you.
• For adverse event reporting;
• For audit and compliance purposes;
• To comply with legal or regulatory obligations or transparency requirements including those that apply to AstraZeneca's activities globally; and
• For other purposes for which you have provided your express or implied consent.
As mentioned above, We may also use your Personal Data to reimburse approved expenses and make payments to you where appropriate. We may record and disclose such amounts to Our affiliates for the purpose of allowing Us to publicly report payments that We make to healthcare professionals globally. Your Personal Data collected by AstraZeneca may be held, used or disclosed by AstraZeneca for any of the Purposes (or for a purpose that is related (or directly related in the case of sensitive data, if any) to any of the Purposes above). For instance, if AstraZeneca collects your Personal Data for attendance at an educational event, your Personal Data may be used by AstraZeneca to contact you to participate on an advisory board. If you provide your email address, mobile phone number and/or telephone number to AstraZeneca, you consent to AstraZeneca using your email address, mobile phone number and/or telephone number to contact you (including by email and SMS) for any of the Purposes. Your consent will remain current until and unless you advise us otherwise by way of a written notification via e-mail at the address set out further below. AstraZeneca may engage other persons or organisations (for example, travel agents, market researchers, professional conference organisers, clinical research organisations, patient support and supply program administrators, IT support providers, mailhouses and event management organisations) to assist AstraZeneca in carrying out the Purposes. Your Personal Data may be disclosed to such persons or organisations for the Purposes and, in providing you with the related services, they may contact you directly. In some circumstances, they may share Personal Data they collect from you to AstraZeneca or related bodies corporate of AstraZeneca for one or more of the Purposes.
AstraZeneca will hold and use all Personal Data it collects from third parties about you for the Purposes listed above. AstraZeneca may also disclose your Personal Data to:
• Its related bodies corporate, whether within or outside of Malaysia. Those companies will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the Purpose or for a purpose related (or directly related in the case of sensitive data) to the Purposes listed above. They may disclose your Personal Data to the types of organisations mentioned in the paragraph immediately above. You may be contacted directly by an AstraZeneca affiliate.
• Regulatory authorities when notifying adverse events and ethics committees. Some of the persons or organisations to whom AstraZeneca may disclose your Personal Data to may be located outside of Malaysia. These include:
• Our overseas related bodies corporate including those in the US, European Union and Asia Pacific (a list of countries in which AstraZeneca has related bodies corporate can be found at www.astrazeneca.com);
• Our IT servers, databases and cloud based data centres located globally including in
• Sweden, the European Union (including the UK and Poland), the US, India, Singapore and Japan;
• Some of Our service providers and our IT service providers, international travel agents and event management organisations located globally including in the US, European Union and Asia Pacific; and
• Regulatory authorities and ethics committees based overseas such as the Food & Drug Authority in the US.
From time to time, We may also provide you with marketing material about AstraZeneca products and services that We think may be of interest to you including via e-mail, SMS and telephone calls and you consent to AstraZeneca processing your Personal Data for this purpose. If you do not want to receive information about AstraZeneca products and services, you can withdraw your consent by writing to Us or e-mailing Us at the relevant address below. You may also make any inquiries or complaints, or limit the processing of your Personal Data by writing to Us or e-mailing Us at the relevant address below. You have a right to ask for a copy of your data (for which we may charge a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
More information on AstraZeneca's usage of your Personal Data is governed by, and can be found in Our Global Policy on Data Protection and Privacy https://www.astrazeneca.com/content/dam/az/PDF/2018/Data_Privacy_Policy_v30.pdf.
If you have any further queries about AstraZeneca's use of your Personal Data, please contact us at:- Local Compliance Officer AstraZeneca Malaysia & Singapore, Tel: +603-7624 3888 Email: PrivacyOffice.MY@astrazeneca.com
Adverse Event Reporting & Product Quality Complaint
Please visit http://contactazmedical.astrazeneca.com to report an adverse event and/or lodge a product quality complaint.
For other matters pertaining to product safety or quality, email:
Science compels us to push the boundaries of what is possible. We trust in the potential of ideas and pursue them, alone and with others, until we have transformed the treatment of disease.