Going for BREEAM ‘excellent’ at our new UK headquarters
In February 2015, Cambridge City Council granted planning permission for our new purpose-built facility on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, which will home our UK-based global R&D centre and corporate headquarters. We are working closely with our construction partners to achieve Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Methodology (BREEAM) ‘excellent’ ratings for sustainability performance.
Sustainability features include:
- A Ground Source Heat Pump System with a large vertical borehole array for renewable energy generation
- Air and water free cooling and extensive heat recovery systems
- Natural light in place of artificial light
- A combined heat and power station to meet on-site energy needs
- Rainwater recovery systems throughout the site.