2018 AstraZeneca Start-Up Science Competition
Win the inaugural award for the ‘Best Healthcare Start-Up in Cambridge’
plus eight hours of mentoring from senior AstraZeneca MedImmune business executives
and access to the Accelerate@Babraham bioincubator space for 1 month*
AstraZeneca is hosting its first-ever Start-Up Science competition for life science entrepreneurs in the Cambridge area.
The competition aims to highlight the great science and innovation coming out of labs in the local ecosystem and to help the build the next generation of biotechs.
It offers participants the opportunity to raise the profile of their company and to network with high-profile life sciences representatives and senior AstraZeneca MedImmune executives.
Three competition finalists will be invited to pitch their business to an exclusive group of high-profile life sciences representatives at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge 2018 event on 21 June at Downing College.
The winner of the inaugural AstraZeneca Start-Up Science competition – chosen by the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge attendees – will win be crowned as the ‘Best Healthcare Start-Up in Cambridge’ and receive eight hours of tailored one-to-one business mentoring from senior AstraZeneca MedImmune executives and have access to the Accelerate@Babraham bioincubator space for 1 month.*
*Subject to terms and conditions
How to take part?
If you would like to take part in the AstraZeneca Start-Up Science competition, download the competition application form here and email a filled version to Start-Up-Science-Competition@astrazeneca.com by 5pm on Thursday 31 May 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in a Pitch & Network event at AstraZeneca offices in central Cambridge on 14 June 2018 where participants are expected to present a 4-minute business pitch in front of a judging panel.
The judges will choose three finalists who will be invited to pitch their business to an exclusive group of high-profile life sciences representatives at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge 2018 event on 21 June 2018 at Downing College.
The winner of the inaugural AstraZeneca Start-Up Science competition and ‘Best Healthcare Start-Up in Cambridge’ will be chosen by the attendees at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge audience.
- The competition is open to early-stage start-ups that are:
○ Focussed on life sciences/healthcare
○ Located within the Cambridge cluster
○ Part of an existing programme or initiative organised by the competition partners
- Only one entry can be submitted per business
- Submissions must be emailed to the Start-Up-Science-Competition@astrazeneca.com inbox by 5pm on Thursday 31 May 2018.
- The shortlisted entries will be notified via email on 7 June. Start-ups will be required to attend the Pitch & Network event on 14 June to proceed with competition.
- Winner of the competition will be announced at the AstraZeneca Exchange Cambridge event on 21 June. The winner will be chosen by the highest number of audience votes. Note: AZ is unable to provide travel expenses
- Three finalists will be promoted in social media – by entering entrants agree to publicity
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over
Find out more
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact us at Start-Up-Science-Competition@astrazeneca.com