The home of patient-enabled innovation
Introducing A.Catalyst Network
A.Catalyst Network is an interconnected and dynamic global network of more than 20 AstraZeneca health innovation hubs, made up of physical locations and virtual partnerships, bringing together digital, R&D, and commercial resources to reimagine how we can improve patient outcomes.
Innovation in action: Our vision for the future of healthcare
A.Catalyst Network brings together diverse stakeholders across industry and geographical boundaries to address healthcare challenges by working together. Our aim is to deliver real impact for patients, society, and business.
We believe that patient experiences and outcomes are our shared responsibility, and that innovation doesn’t happen in isolation.
Through A.Catalyst Network, we are co-creating challenge-based solutions with and for patients and working with partners to establish integrated and strong health systems that benefit the whole patient experience — from prevention and awareness, diagnosis and treatment, to post-treatment and wellness.
Patients are at the centre of everything we do across A.Catalyst Network. You can find out more about our values and vision in our Video Manifesto.
Join our mission to shape the future of healthcare
Could you be our next partner? Do you have a proposal to submit for consideration by our A.Catalyst Network Hubs teams? If you have an ambition to improve outcomes for patients around the world, we want to know about it.
Our impact in numbers
solutions in development
solutions scaled after pilot
Our partners include
Patients | Healthcare practitioners | Governments and policy makers | Academia | Tech and pharma industries | Ecosystem builders | Investors | Entrepreneurs
Our focus areas
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
We are developing Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions to support the screening, detection, diagnosis, staging and management of lung cancer, breast cancer and COPD, and to help healthcare professionals identify cardio-renal complications in type 2 diabetes patients. These solutions align with our Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM), Oncology, and Respiratory & Immunology therapy areas, and aim to address unmet need in the prevention and awareness, diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment stages of the patient journey.
We are developing digital app solutions to help healthcare professionals analyse chest x-rays, and provide patients with online consultations, e-prescriptions and support in managing conditions such as asthma, diabetes, heart failure, breast cancer and lung cancer. These solutions align with our Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolism (CVRM), Oncology, and Respiratory & Immunology therapy areas, and aim to address unmet need in the prevention and awareness, diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment and wellness stages of the patient journey.
We are developing co-incubation programmes to support biomedical tech start-ups engaged in the research and development of integrated oncology solutions, and offer coaching, co-working spaces, shared equipment, regulatory support, and financial subsidy. These programmes align with our Oncology therapy area and aim to address unmet need in the prevention and awareness, diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment and wellness stages of the patient journey.
Our 2021 priorities
Unmet need in our key therapy areas
Delivering AstraZeneca’s Growth and Therapy Area Leadership:
1. Improve early diagnosis of chronic kidney disease
2. Transform severe asthma care and treatment
3. Drive systemic lupus erythematosus awareness and early patient identification
4. Improve early detection of lung cancer
5. Scale up integrated oncology patient care management platforms
6. Activate multidisciplinary teams to deliver optimal outcomes for cancer patients
Accelerating innovative science
Contributing to Accelerate Innovative Science, together with Open Innovation:
1. Support the development of Regulatory T cell therapy for treatment of immune-mediated diseases
2. Identify sources of biological samples from diverse genetic backgrounds to enhance disease understanding
3. Generating multi-omics data in specific patient cohorts including NASH, rare cardiovascular diseases and immunological conditions
4. Innovations in delivery of new modalities; peptides, oligos and antibodies across oncology, cardiovascular, renal and respiratory diseases
5. Utilisation of digital biomarkers and digital therapeutics that can improve patient-centric outcomes in heart failure and renal disease
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by science, united by science, and every day, we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
Veeva ID: Z2-2008
Date of preparation: September 2021