Tuesday, 15 January 2013
AstraZeneca today unveiled changes to its executive leadership team. The new, expanded membership of AstraZeneca’s Senior Executive Team, which comes into effect immediately, includes increased representation of the company’s scientific expertise, key products and key markets.
The changes include the creation of:
- Three senior research and development roles responsible for discovery and early stage development in small molecules; discovery and early stage development in biologics; and late stage development.
- Three roles representing the commercial regions: North America, Europe and International.
- A role responsible for global portfolio and product strategy, bridging between the R&D and sales organisation.
As a result of the changes, two senior roles – President of Research and Development, held by Martin Mackay, and Executive Vice President, Global Commercial, held by Tony Zook – have been eliminated. Martin Mackay and Tony Zook will leave the company at the end of January.
The full Senior Executive Team is as follows:
- Pascal Soriot Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director
- Simon Lowth Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director
- Mene Pangalos Executive Vice President, Innovative Medicines
- Bahija Jallal Executive Vice President, MedImmune
- Briggs Morrison Executive Vice President, Global Medicines Development
- Paul Hudson Executive Vice President, North America
- Ruud Dobber Executive Vice President, Europe
- Mark Mallon Executive Vice President, International
- David Smith Executive Vice President, Operations & IS
- Lynn Tetrault Executive Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate Affairs
- Katarina Ageborg Chief Compliance Officer
- Jeff Pott General Counsel
The appointment of Executive Vice President, Global Portfolio & Product Strategy will be made at a later date.
Pascal Soriot, Chief Executive Officer, said: “This new senior executive team structure, that draws heavily from the leadership talent within the company, enables us to bring an even sharper management focus to key pipeline assets, key brands and key markets, and helps us further accelerate decision-making.”
Commenting on Martin Mackay and Tony Zook, Pascal Soriot said: “I would like to thank Martin and Tony for their contribution and the exemplary leadership they have shown in their time at AstraZeneca. We wish them well in their future endeavours.”
Details of AstraZeneca’s Senior Executive Team, including biographies, can be found on the company’s web site here.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business with a primary focus on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, neuroscience, respiratory and inflammation, oncology and infectious disease. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit: www.astrazeneca.com
|Esra Erkal-Paler||(UK/Global)||+44 20 7604 8030|
|Vanessa Rhodes||(UK/Global)||+44 20 7604 8037|
||(US)||+1 302 885 2677|
|Ann-Leena Mikiver||(Sweden)||+46 8 553 260 20|
|James Ward-Lilley||+44 20 7604 8122||mob: +44 7785 432613|
|Karl Hård||+44 20 7604 8123||mob: +44 7789 654364|
||+44 20 7604 8124||mob: +44 7585 404950|
|Ed Seage||+1 302 886 4065||mob: +1 302 373 1361|
|Colleen Proctor||+1 302 886 1842||mob: +1 302 357 4882|